Dapoxetine Priligy is the very first drug ever to be specially formulated for treating men 18 to 64 years old who are having problems with premature ejaculation (abbreviated PE). Premature ejaculation or early ejaculation happens whenever a man feels orgasm and releases semen right after sex and/or with minimum stimulation of the penis. Dapoxetine Priligy belongs to a class of drugs called SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors). As a matter of fact, dapoxetine Priligy was originally created as an antidepressant for cases of mild to moderate depression in patients. The action of dapoxetine Priligy within the body is that it inhibits or stops the serotonin transporter’s activity, thus increasing the action of serotonin at the post-synaptic cleft, and the end result would be a delay in ejaculation of the penis. Dapoxetine Priligy is not like any other SSRIs because it can easily be absorbed and taken quickly out of the system. Because of its fast-acting property, dapoxetine Priligy is suitably recommended by doctors for the treatment of premature ejaculation in men and not as an antidepressant drug.
Dapoxetine Priligy was originally developed by the pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly. After that, they sold Dapoxetine Priligy in 2003 to Johnson & Johnson. In the year 2004, Dapoxetine Priligy was applied as a new drug and submitted to the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) as a specific treatment for premature ejaculation in men. Dapoxetine Priligy has been sold widely in many Asian and European countries.
A male individual is a likely candidate for taking dapoxetine Priligy treatment if:
- He is between the ages of 18 to 64 years old.
- He has an IELT (intravaginal ejaculatory latency time) of below 2 minutes
- He easily ejaculates with only a minimal amount of sexual stimuli prior to, during, or shortly after penetration.
- He has poor control of his own ejaculation. He easily ejaculates even if he feels he does not want to yet.
- He shows obvious personal or interpersonal distress as a result of premature ejaculation.
- He has a marked history of premature ejaculation in most of his sexual activity within a 6-month period.